We look for individuals who are passionate and dedicated about conservation, dynamic and flexible to work in the development sector, committed to work as professionals and interested in the issues we work on. If you have the knowledge and expertise, willing to work hard and wish to bring a change towards sustainability then all you need is to be a part of NEWS. We build environment smart future leaders.
We assure you a professional and friendly atmosphere, a great team to work with, opportunities to grow yourself and bring out your creativity!
Please look into this section for Current Vacancies
Details of New Recruitment: Application submission open till 18th May,2018
Apply to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Post -1 (Project Officer)
- Initiative and Proactive
- Good verbal and written communication
- Analytical skills
- Commercial awareness
- IT skills
- Marketing and sales skills
- Teamwork and leadership
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Positive Metal Attitude
Qualification and Working Experience:
- Master’s degree in agricultural economics, agribusiness management or Agronomy.
- 2-4 years’ experience in conservation/protection/nature/climate related projects; management of agriculture and farm focused projects.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with private sector players (financial institutions, buyers, traders, transporters, input suppliers, processors in agriculture value chain).
- Experience with commonly used tools for market analysis and program design such as sub-sector analysis, gross margin analysis and business planning.
- Knowledge of agronomic principles and practices, including crops, soils and nutrients.
- Experience in the practices, principles and operations associated with modern production agriculture and irrigation. Expertise in small scale irrigation management.
- Experience with irrigation technologies; Experience with solar irrigation technology.
- Proven experience delivering agriculture focused programme to improve livelihood and reduce poverty of smallholder farmers.
- Knowledge of the agriculture sector in West Bengal and its regulation and stakeholders.
- High level of computer literacy (primarily in Microsoft Office packages).
- Excellent planning and time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure to deliver as part of a team.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy in working with numbers.
- Strong analytical ability, able to evaluate and to appraise critically quantitative and qualitative information.
- Fluent in Bengali, Hindi and English.
- Ability to regularly travel within remote rural areas.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Forward planning and project proposal and report writing.
- Budgeting and maintaining accurate financial records.
- Organising sales and purchases of farm equipment, agricultural and farm related products.
- Handling paperwork and keeping administrative records.
- Recruiting, training/instructing and supervising farm workers.
- Making sure that work progresses satisfactorily.
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations and health and safety standards.
- Keeping an up-to-date knowledge base.
- Meeting project deadlines at all times.
- Monitoring, Coordination and Implementation of projects as per Project Plan Project agreements.
Variations in workloads relate to seasonal demands – some unsociable hours may be necessary during busy periods and will be expected to deal with emergencies.